Virtual Meet the Doctor: Symptoms, Causes and Treatments of Brain Tumors
The Cottage Santa Barbara Neuroscience Institute will present a free Virtual Meet the Doctor event on Thursday, June 30, from 4 – 5 p.m., featuring Dr. N. Nicole Moayeri, FAANS, who will discuss the symptoms, causes and treatments of brain tumors.
Dr. Moayeri is the Medical Director of Neurosurgical Oncology at Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital and has over 20 years of experience in cerebrovascular and tumor neurosurgical care. A graduate of Stanford University Medical School, Dr. Moayeri completed her internship at University of Southern California and her residency at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
Her presentation will cover the many reasons why brain surgery may be necessary: to make a diagnosis, reduce pressure on the brain, restore vision, or correct hormonal abnormalities. Attendees will be able to ask questions immediately following the presentation.
To register for this Virtual Meet the Doctor event, go to cottagehealth.org/neuromtd.
About Cottage Health – cottagehealth.org
The not-for-profit Cottage Health is the leader in providing advanced medical care to the Central Coast region. Specialties include the Cottage Children’s Medical Center, Level 1 Trauma Center, Neuroscience Institute, Heart & Vascular Center, Center for Orthopedics, and Rehabilitation Hospital. The Cottage Health medical staff is comprised of more than 700 physicians, many with subspecialties typically found only at university medical centers. Last year, the Cottage Health hospitals in Goleta, Santa Barbara and Santa Ynez Valley provided inpatient care for 21,000 people, treated 80,000 patients through their 24-hour emergency departments and helped deliver 2,100 newborns. Cottage Health also offers Cottage Urgent Care Centers throughout the tri-counties, as well as 24-hour access to providers via Cottage Virtual Care, an online service for common conditions.
Vice President for Advancement: Andrew Brown
To provide superior health care for and improve the health of our communities through a commitment to our core values of excellence, integrity, and compassion.
Begin to Build a Relationship
We know you care about where your money goes and how it is used. Connect with this organization’s leadership in order to begin to build this important relationship. Your email will be sent directly to this organization’s director of development and/or Executive Director.
Every staff member was totally dedicated to my healing and recovery with the goal to get me on my feet and walking again – which they did.
Providing Critical and Compassionate Health Services to our Community
Your support of Cottage Health is more important than ever. Your donations provide critical services, innovative technology, and the highest level of compassionate care to our patients and families, and to our friends and neighbors. Together, we can truly improve the health of our community – today and for generations to come.
Cottage Health Supporters
Thanks to countless donors and grateful patients who provide generous and meaningful gifts – at all levels – who help sustain our hospitals and ensure the very best care for our community.
Notable Gifts: Individual Donors
• Mary & Richard Compton – creating the Compton Center for Medical Excellence and Innovation, bringing the best medical solutions to all who live on the Central Coast
• Ben & Naomi Bollag – funding Emergency and Trauma Care excellence
• Anna & David Grotenhuis, Wayne & Sharol Siemens, Virginia Grotenhuis – providing resources to expand patient care and strengthen our future
• Craig Mally & Louise Stewart, MD – funding the first endowed chair for medical leadership at Cottage Health
• Richard & Mimi Gunner – providing educational support for nursing leaders
• Paul Guido – supporting mental and behavioral health for our community’s youngest and most vulnerable patients
Notable gifts: Estates and Trusts
• Angela Minelli Starke – supporting pediatric excellence close to home
• Paul and Leslie Ridley-Tree – providing inspiration and loving support for the health and wellness of all Cottage patients
Notable Foundation Partners
• Alice Tweed Tuohy Foundation
• Wood-Claeyssens Foundation
• Unihealth Foundation
• Bower Foundation